Search This Blog

Monday, April 14, 2008

Bush to Iraqis: "Let Them Eat Fish"

Reuters: Learning to fish in Saddam's lake
It's early on a Sunday morning and the fish aren't biting, but Warrant Officer Stormy Ripley is enjoying a moment of calm as she casts her line into a lake encircling Saddam Hussein's former palace.

"Anything that will get me close to the water helps me relax," says Ripley, who spends her days at headquarters in Baghdad trying to trace missing-in-action soldiers. "There's something innocent about it in the midst of all this war."

Welcome to the weekly gathering of the Baghdad Angler's Club and School of Flyfishing.
Readers, believe me when I tell you that I am exercising maximum restraint from writing dark obnoxious satire pertaining to the above. I like every American want our young men and women in Iraq to be safe, to come home intact in both mind and body. That understanding is the only reason why I abstain.

No comments: