Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Market On Tuesday

Good morning. It was snowing earlier here in Upstate NY. I walked 2.5 miles in very cold blustery weather. Everything around here is white. Today I wore the face mask. I was surprised to see a lot of people out at 6:00 a.m. walking their dogs or jogging. It must be the snow, people don't want to feel confined.

At 8:30 a.m. futures are relatively flat, the dollar is down, and oil is slightly up.

Allegedly investors are waiting for news on the tax cut deal, worked up by our Republican President and the Republican Senate. I don't call it a tax cut deal, I call it the first most deliberate and simultaneously deceptive method to defund and eliminate SSI. As you know, I will not be voting for another term of the ultra conservative Obama.

At this point I will be looking for candidates that are not linked at the hip to the elite 5% of our vastly debilitating economic pyramid. I will be looking for candidates that support the middle class.

CNN: Stocks set for muted open
"It has largely been anticipated at this time but I think you will get a little bit of a euphoric bounce when it actually passes the House..."


The Federal Reserve's policy statement is due at 2:15 p.m. ET.


Oil for January delivery gained 2 cents to $88.63 a barrel.

No comments: