Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 01, 2016

The Market On Tuesday

  Good morning. It is 30 degrees and sunny here in the Upper Hudson Valley, the forecast predicts a cloudy day with temperatures in the mid 50s this afternoon. I hope you had many Trick or Treaters last night, we gave out a small boatload of candy. I am sticking to my guns and I did not indulge in a single candy bar. This is true, I'm holding the line on sweets. So, welcome to November, holiday season here we come ready or not. I'm sure the Christmas sale signs are already exploding across mall world at this instant. Meanwhile 7 days to go before this miserable, election cycle gets put to an end, one way or another. Polls are still favoring Clinton and an October surprise might not be enough to swing the election to Trump. I am so sick of this damn thing I don't even really want to read about it anymore.

  At 9:20 a.m. ET futures are slightly higher and the price of oil per barrel is up. The market is poised to open slightly higher.

  Speaking of oil, notice that oil has dipped into the $46 to $47 per barrel area and that many analysts believe there is no reason for an oil rally. Who knows. Meanwhile all eyes are once again on the Fed as investors will be looking for signs of a coming base interest rate hike later this week.

Reuters: Wall St. set to open slightly higher; Fed meet eyed
The market is also watching the outcome of the Fed meeting, which begins on Tuesday. While traders doubt the Fed will raise interest rates this week...

No comments: