Search This Blog

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Mortgage Crisis Update

Obama is delivering a very good message right now.

The market has been relatively stable, yet way undervalued, with the DOW moving in the mid 8000s.

This statement will help the market calm down a bit in the upcoming week when without a doubt more bad numbers on the economy will come down.

Yahoo: Obama says mortgage crisis must be resolved
"To end this economic crisis, we must end the mortgage crisis where it began. This all started when Americans took out mortgages they couldn't afford," Obama said in a text of his weekly radio address to be delivered Saturday morning.

Noting that one in ten homeowners now faces some form of financial problem, a record high, Obama said he's already asked his forming administration to produce a plan that help more people keep their homes.

4 comments:

Glynn Kalara said...

My health Ins. is too high as well is anybody going to bail me out? It's pretty doubtful.

Jim Sande said...

All we know is that health care in America is a mess. In my opinion the best thing you can do is take extremely good care of yourself because once you are in a system your odds of getting the right care, I would bet, are low.

About 15 years ago I couldn't afford health insurance so I took a course at the local community college and paid $10 for access to the colleges' clinic. It was the best thing I could think of. I actually cut the tip of a finger off working and the insurance covered almost all of the price of a plastic surgeon to put it back together. Now I'm in my 50s and that probably would be insufficient as things are breaking down a little faster.

There's an old saying, the squeaky gear gets the grease. Become a one man protest and complain to your politicians all the time. The louder you are the better. Spend 15 minutes a day, every day, writing protests, contacting media, getting your story out, people want to know and are interesting and understand. Make the change. For every dollar you pay that is too much, write 5 letters or make 5 well placed phone calls and don't stop, be like white on rice.

Glynn Kalara said...

Too tired anymore. I fought city hall and won once for awhile. The people down @ city hall win every time they go to work. I'm jealous of how sweet a deal these folks have. I pay for their golden benefits , pensions etc. and all they ever did was give me agitata. They repeatedly tried to put me out of business for 20 yrs. as a thank you for paying my taxes on time.

Jim Sande said...

Forget city hall, try bugging insurance companies, senators, and your congressperson and talk t the media.