Search This Blog

Friday, December 26, 2008

Moved


Welcome back!

We are in our new home. I think I shed a year or two of my life from the stress of selling one house, moving into and buying another.

We tried our best to have the transition be as sane as possible but life got in the way. We had delays, changes, deadlines, false starts, great hesitation, and a good dose of pressure and angst.

I miss the days when one packed Oldsmobile 88 which belonged to a former girlfriend was all that was required for me to move into a new flat.

My advice to anyone leaving one house and moving into another is to get rid of the junk. Thin the pile down by a half and then some.

We had a nice team of professionals helping us from the agent to the lawyer. All parties were fair and helpful and for this part we were grateful.

We are living in suburbia. The boom cars, car alarms, and din of the traffic are gone. It is fundamentally quiet here. This is astounding to me.

We heard the worst crime was a mountain lion that came into town. This isn't really a crime though, its more of a misstep.

This is long overdue, move, its good, its stressful but its good.

3 comments:

Glynn Kalara said...

Congrats!! I've lived in my home for 30 yrs. the thought of moving makes me sick.

Jim Sande said...

Wow 30 years! Except, you live in paradise, so why move from paradise?

We had so much crap to go through. We're both pooped, gonna sleep in this weekend and be a bum.

Glynn Kalara said...

Paradise? Where I live it's more like Pair - of - Dice LOL! It is the beach though and it has it's benefits spiritually, cashinos and all.