Search This Blog

Monday, March 21, 2016

Merrick Garland

Guardian UK: Republican opposition to supreme court nominee 'showing cracks', says Reid - Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell steadfast in rejection but naysayers suggest process could go forward in Obama’s lame-duck period
“We believe there should be a full vote,” Reid told NBC. “[McConnell] is marching his senators over a cliff and I don’t think they’re going to go. The facade is cracking and I think were going to get a breakthrough.”

4 comments:

Glynn Kalara said...

Garland anything but a liberal by Progressive standards. By GOP standards though he's a radical left winger.

Jim Sande said...

I appreciate Obama's mild attempt to move the court back to the middle. He's definitely right of center, but on the other hand Scalia was extreme right of center.

Glynn Kalara said...

I'd prefer someone more liberal then Garland.

Jim Sande said...

My fried was just telling me that Mitch McConnell was on TV this Sunday telling everybody Garland is a communist! Can you imagine. They'll put him up after election day when the Senate contests are decided and nobody on the GOP side will get hurt by their base.