Search This Blog

Monday, March 28, 2016

The Market On Monday

  Good morning. It is 42 degrees and it is raining here in the Upper Hudson Valley. A rainy day in the 50s is expected. I hope you had a good holiday weekend. I did, we had an excellent day with our family, and the food was simply outstanding. This year's theme was 'healthy', so less food from the ultra rich side of the scale and a lot more from the good vegetables side of the scale. Still, I overate, which is to be expected. Later in the day I jogged a few miles in the hope of burning off a few calories. I'm at the stage in my life where I can gain weight by merely looking at food.

  At 9:00 a.m. ET futures are slightly higher and the price of oil per barrel is up now trading close to $40. The market is poised to open higher.

  European markets are closed today, it is Easter Monday, yes that is a holiday. We in America are not so fortunate. Oil has rebounded a bit form last week and there is strong but not complete sentiment that the price of oil per barrel has bottomed out. I'm not convinced, I believe it goes lower once again.

CNN: Stocks: 4 things to know before the open
Crude oil futures are rising to trade around $40 per barrel, bouncing back from last week's slide.

European markets are all closed Monday.

No comments: