Search This Blog

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Old House

We spent the day painting the kitchen. Everything got painted, ceiling and on down.

We bought a very pricey gallon of low odor "green" paint. Okay that's fine except, when I put it on the walls, it did not stay put. It started to literally slump off the wall and make clumps. I did lose my cool. Having spent all this time getting everything prepped and finally ready for painting, I now had a problem that was going to require extra time to fix.

I wrote the paint company a very strong letter. I told them it was junk and ridiculously overpriced.

We did get a free gallon of the regular latex paint, which worked fine, but I believe we deserve a refund.

Anyhow, at this point, its looking good. Its been a long haul, we are not quite finished yet. There are a few more steps but its functioning.

2 comments:

Glynn Kalara said...

I put in new fencing and repaired old fencing. Got my yard together , cleaned up and orged my wood pile and turned off my outside water. Today, it's more of the same. Warm down here this morning.

Jim Sande said...

We are all so busy getting ready for the winter.

I got so much to do here its crazy.