Search This Blog

Monday, November 29, 2010

Cyber Monday

Welcome to Cyber Monday, the consumer extension of Black Friday into the virtual realm. It would be interesting to know how the day became designated as such. What retail conspiracy hatched this thing. It is the holiday of the future, when the need for retail outlets in malls becomes a thing of the past. It is a superior holiday too because no one needs to miss work. You can shop on a hidden screen while sifting through work pile X.

This article points out one little detail that you must consider. When shopping make sure the cyber address starts with https and not http. The 's' stands for secure. Never put down your credit card numbers unless you see the 's'. This is important. A pro explained this to me one time and etched it into my brain.

Go nuts.

CS Monitor: Cyber Monday 2010: Tips for finding deals and avoiding mishaps
1. Plug into your favorite stores
2. Let the web deliver deals.
3. Take the web with you to the mall.
4. Reap something extra.
5. Avoid scams and disappointments.
6. Track the shipping time.
7. Select your payment option wisely.
8. Guard your privacy

2 comments:

Glynn Kalara said...

I try to shop in local small stores. I'm tried of feeding the Corp. monsters destroying our country.

Jim Sande said...

Yes, I think that is a good approach. I try to do that too when I can.