Search This Blog

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Illegal Immigrant As College Class President

I have to admit that I have a ways to go regarding understanding illegal immigration and how to deal with it.

I'm in Upstate NY and last year we had our roof done. I couldn't help but notice that almost everyone working on my roof appeared to be Mexican. Were they illegals, I don't know. They did a fine job by the way.

So now we have a class President of Fresno State admitting that he is an illegal immigrant. He was brought into the country, illegally, when he was 3 years old. Clearly he is someone who is capable of many positive achievements. So now what happens?

CS Monitor: Fresno State student president outed as illegal immigrant. Does it matter?
...state supreme court ruled that illegal immigrants could claim in-state tuition.


...Congress continues to consider the DREAM Act, which would provide a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants who were brought to the US as children and attend college or join the military.


“Would we rather be paying for [Ramirez] to go to jail or get a college education?”

No comments: