Search This Blog

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Work Sunday

This old house will be the focus of my attention today.

I am putting the kitchen back together slowly but surely. I had repair work to do to the walls and foundation below the kitchen walls. All that is fine and dandy now. The walls are back, insulated, ready for the winter on the outside, sheetrocked and even partly taped on the inside.

We've been without a fully functioning kitchen for a while. I have gained a little weight because I am eating prepared crappy food from the local deli. Its tasty but full of white flour and mayo and all the bad things.

I'm looking forward to cooking food again, my food. I do well with a simple stir fry, could eat it all the time. The big missing part is not having a kitchen sink. Somehow the sink is really the hub of the kitchen.

When the kitchen is ready, I think the first thing to do is some baking. Let the smell of some baked bread or pie or something kick off the new era. Got a few miles to go first.

3 comments:

Ed said...

Hi Jim, Cathy has a great easy and wonderful tasting bread recipe. So when you're ready...

Jim Sande said...

Thanks Ed! Usually I use Tassajara but I'm open.

Glynn Kalara said...

We have a bread making machine that we once used a lot, but lately we've fallen back into buying various commercial specialty breads. The problem is we have such good bakeries around here it's hard to make bread as good as they do.