Search This Blog

Monday, September 20, 2010

To Dip Or Not To Dip

According to the Centre for Economics and Business Research, the world is not headed for a double dip recession. But we are headed for weak growth and continued high unemployment. Allegedly 2011 is shaping up to be a real stinker.

BBC: Think tank says 'no double dip'
The sharpest downgrade is for next year. It cut its growth forecast for 2011 to 3.4% from the 4.1% it had predicted just three months ago.


Although US manufacturers have increased their output over the past year, the CEBR does not expect the level of growth caused by the end of destocking to last.

3 comments:

Glynn Kalara said...

We don't need a dip were bouncing along the bottom going nowhere.

Jim Sande said...

That is the best description I've heard yet, "bouncing along the bottom."

I like it.

Glynn Kalara said...

I wish I did but my butts sore from bouncing.