Search This Blog

Monday, September 27, 2010

The Market On Monday

Good morning. I have started to include a little weight training and yoga after my morning constitutional walk. That's the trouble, I easily get carried away and before you know it I'm joining the Y. I used to love to do weight training especially the chest weight bench. I would imagine lifting a burden off the psyche. Its interesting sitting down to type and having a patina of sweat around.

At 7:50 a.m. stock futures are ridiculously high. I had to do a double take. DOW futures were up around 184 points.

(Addendum - at 8:25 a.m. DOW futures are only 18 points higher.)

Let's not sing happy days are here again yet.

Regardless, the optimism that began building last week is still in place. Remember it would not take much to take the house of cards down. Just enjoy the ride. It does seem possible that the DOW hitting 11,000 is a possibility and it could happen today with the DOW closing at 10,860 on Friday.

Employment, employment, employment, we need some jobs now to fill it out.

CNN: Stocks set for sharp gains
...economic optimism.


An upbeat mood has taken hold on Wall Street lately.


The price of oil for November delivery rose 4 cents to $76.54 per barrel.

No comments: