Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Onion - Bush On Mars

Recall Bush II's plans for a manned flight to Mars. The thing I remember about it the most was how it seemed so utterly incongruous with his scorched Earth neocon policy. It was a tiny bizarre reprieve and moment of levity in a viciously depressing period.

The Onion: Bush Still Working On Manned Mission To Mars Quietly In Spare Time
"This is genuinely important to me," said Bush, looking over sketches of potential rocket systems he had drawn up while waiting for his oil to be changed at a service station earlier this week. "I wasn't kidding when I announced a plan to get us to Mars, by God, and I intend to finish what I started. That's why I try to carve out a little time before lunch and after dinner to work on this important interplanetary initiative."

No comments: