Search This Blog

Thursday, March 24, 2016

The Market On Thursday

  Good morning. It is 36 degrees and it is sunny here in the Upper Hudson Valley. The weather logo is indicating a mostly sunny day with temperatures in the 50s. Easter Sunday looks to be a strong day with lots of sunshine and temperatures in the 60s. How did they get that to happen? How about that Donald Trump, the man is a prognosticating genius. Here he is on TV telling America - "I told you so." You see Trump predicted that there would be another terrorist attack! I don't know about you but here I was thinking, and especially after Paris, that terrorism had ceased and that even the thought of an attack was outside of the realm of human behavior. But Donald Trump had it correct right from the start, you have got to give him credit. I don't know about you but nothing spells presidential credulity more than the uncanny ability to make accurate predictions about the future. Hell, I'm sold, I'll be voting for Trump, in fact if I can, I'll vote twice!

  At 9:00 a.m. ET futures are significantly lower and the price of oil per barrel is down. The market is poised to tank at the opening bell.

  I believe the drifting of oil prices because of the ongoing oil glut is at the root of today's misfire. I could be wrong, but oil has dropped $3 per barrel in less than 48 hours. End of story? Yeah maybe...

CNN: Stocks: 3 things to know before the open
Mining companies are taking a beating as commodity prices drop and the U.S. dollar strengthens.
Reuters: U.S. jobless claims rise; revisions show stronger labor market
...268,000...

No comments: