Search This Blog

Friday, May 09, 2014

The Market On Friday

  Good morning. It is 55 degrees and overcast here in Upstate NY. The logos are predicting quite a bit of rain over the next week. I must say its been a very uneven Spring. Well rain or not I will be out taking a long walk later this afternoon. Walking has become my vehicle and exercise of choice. Fortunately I live in an area where I can walk safely and without fear of harassment of any kind. That's a luxury that I recognize and enjoy.

  At 8:30 a.m. futures are slightly lower and the price of oil per barrel is up. The market is poised to open in a mixed position.

  According to the article, investors are not feeling a whole lot of inspiration at the moment. Yellen's commitment to low interest rates oiled any positive index movement this week. Generally speaking it's good that it's Friday, let's put it to bed for a few days.

CNN: Stocks: Flat after a week of tepid trading
Federal Reserve chair Janet Yellen's congressional testimony was the big economic news for the week. She mostly reiterated her commitment to keep interest rates low until the economy is on firmer footing.

No comments: