Search This Blog

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Coming Up On Wall Street

Good morning. Welcome to Halloween. The kids are expected to be out trick or treating beginning at 3 this afternoon. I'm ready for them. I got candy and lots of it. I extended my usual 2.5 mile or so walk to around 4.0 miles this morning. It was chilly and dark out but as I write this, the sun is beginning to pop out. Only a few stubborn trees have green leaves, a growing percentage are naked, and most trees are in the yellow orange leaf range. The few trees that have vibrant red leaves are just stunning. I have to rake today, but any little thing could make me put it off.

This is going to be one little monstrous week. Wall Street is looking for a Republican win, the specifics of a Fed plan to stimulate our under-stimulated economy, and a jobs report that shows some improvement. Unfortunately they are going to get all three. As you know, I do not favor the Tea Party one little tiny itty bitty bit. I'll take two out of three thank you very much. That is not going to happen. It is rare to have miracles on election day, and I would say impossible for a massive miracle. The midterm elections are always an assault on the incumbent President. Its common. Take odd consolation in the knowledge that your portfolio will probably grow.

CNN: Stocks: Betting on a triple play
...the Federal Reserve's meeting, the midterm elections and the release of the government's October jobs report.


"...it's still the weakest recovery we've seen in generations..."


Wall Street is banking on a win for Republicans...

No comments: