Search This Blog

Thursday, December 31, 2009

When High Is Low

The numbers seem rather catastrophic to me. 432,000 initial jobless claims filed last week is outrageous. They will spin the number to have it appear as a triumph.

CNN: Jobless claims fall to 17-month low
There were 432,000 initial jobless claims filed in the week ended Dec. 26, down 22,000 from the previous week's revised 454,000, the Labor Department said. The figure is the lowest since July 19, 2008, when there were 413,000 claims filed.

3 comments:

Glynn Kalara said...

"Fewer people are getting fired, but nobody is finding a job," said Dan Greenhaus, chief economic strategist at Miller Tabak.

Happy F*cking NY to Wall st. I hope they enjoy the $$.

Jim Sande said...

I guess it can get worse. I will try to keep an optimistic attitude about the upcoming year and its potential for creating some decent work. I have to admit, personally speaking, this time last year I was s***ting bricks. I really thought we were entering complete collapse. It was dark. We have a small reprieve. The people that are out of work are taking it on the chin real bad. Wall street is rolling in dough. Either we are really a new nation of 20% unemployment or so or we are better. Let's see where we are in 365 days.

GK Happy New Year man!

Glynn Kalara said...

We'll see! I think its better to lower ones expectations without removing hope. Last yr. put a terrible strain on my hope gland. Not personally , NO personally it was the luckiest yr. of my life.