Search This Blog

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Unbelievable Occurence


I watched incredulously today as a neighbor's house, about six houses away from my house, burned to the ground. The photo above is taken from the local news outlet of the actual fire.

I have never seen such a thing up close and this personal.

All occupants got out of the house, but the word is that one young person received very serious injuries. I will learn more about that in the future.

This was not the situation where you would see fire coming out of a single window. In this case the entire house from side to side, back to front, was completely engulfed in flames that rose at least 20 to 30 feet in the air. There was no possible chance to save this house. Everything in the house was burned up, everything. All that remains now is a driveway with a blank lot.

Firemen were working to keep the flames from engulfing the adjacent houses. The hoses were on full blast and they succeeded in keeping the adjacent houses from burning down as well. That was some excellent work on their part.

I don't know where the family is staying or anything like that. But I know you join me in wanting them to recover and move forward through this terrible tragedy.

I hope none of us will ever see something like this in the future.

No comments: