Search This Blog

Monday, December 03, 2007

In Memory Of Emer


For all our friends.

Our highly loved lab, Emer, died on Saturday December 1. Emer was named after an Irish goddess of courage.

She had an inoperable form of cancer that first appeared in the summertime.

She died peacefully and with great attention and care from all her human family. We are going to miss her.

Let me just say that labs are one of the greatest ambassadors from the dog world. She loved people and would wag completely and enthusiastically for anyone including strangers. She was a great friend.

In memory of Emer.

4 comments:

Glynn Kalara said...

Its a heart breaking thing to lose a pet. I've lost many in my life and it never gets any easier.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Emer... she was a sweet dog.

Carol Coogan said...

What a lovely creature to have shared part of my human journey with. I will sorely miss Emer's tail wagging "blankie" dance when I come to visit, her loving and adoring gazes, and especially her enthusiastic participation on all of my nature walks and talks with Jayne. I have grieved the loss of my own creature friends too, and know all too well the great love and companionship that develops between them and the humans they share their life with, and the quiet and emptiness which is hard to adjust to when they are gone. My condolences to Jim and Jayne and all who, like me, loved Emer.

Anonymous said...

Emer brought joy to everyone who met her. No matter what was going on, as soon as she greeted me I felt happy. That's her legacy for me.