Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 01, 2011

The Market On Tuesday

Good morning and welcome to March. It is slightly windy, sunny, and probably around 20 degrees here in Upstate NY. I was out walking my 2.5 miles earlier and there was a lot of black ice all over the place. That stuff is treacherous, its so smooth and so slip-able. I managed to stay upright, my bipedal instinct remained firm and intact.

At 8:20 a.m. futures are modestly up, the dollar is mixed, and oil is up.

Remarkably investors are expressing ease over the "Middle East turmoil." Realistically speaking, when is the Middle East not in turmoil? I bet there are some oil investors types who have constant oil worry heartburn. That's actually a sad possibility, would you agree?

Investors could care less about the politics of the area only in so far as the politics is able to maintain the steady non disrupted flow of black oily gold. Someday I need to bathe in oil, put my body where my motor is.

Bernanke and Geithner are making the speaking rounds today. If the hot air is sweet, the markets will gain, and if the hot air is putrefying, well then its time to go on a cleansing pre-spring fast.

Predictions - the Knicks lose against the Magic.

CNN: Stocks look to start March with gains
Stocks have been supported this year by a combination of improving economic news and strong corporate earnings.


"The oil prices, having spiked in the initial stages of unrest in Libya, have now gone sideways..."


Oil for April delivery gained 85 cents to $97.82 a barrel.

No comments: