Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Joe Bageant Dies

Sorry to hear that Joe Bageant passed away. His writing is unmistakeable. He was one of a kind.

Joe's work showed up on Smirking Chimp at around the time when I decided to start writing in reaction to Bush 2 and company. Joe set the standard. I wish I had half his chops, he was an original mind. Anybody who referred to himself as some kind of half assed Buddhist, had my attention.

Joe Bageant author of Rainbow Pie: A Redneck Memoir

2 comments:

Glynn Kalara said...

Joe was quite a writer and critic of Amerikan life. I found his writing wholly original even for a genre filled with creative writers. He's going to be missed.

Jim Sande said...

An American original I think. Funny as hell but always with that America poignant twist.