Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

The Market On Wednesday

  Good morning. It is 27 degrees and sunny here in the Upper Hudson Valley. The forecast has it going up around 50 degrees today and it may rain too. I am looking forward to that 50 degrees, heatwave. I hope you are drinking your 3 liters of water per day. I must admit it's a hard thing to do on a daily basis but the possibility of getting another kidney stone keeps me motivated. Drink lots of water, it's really good for you.

  At 8:40 a.m. ET futures are slightly lower and the price of oil per barrel is hovering just below $48 per barrel. The market is poised to open in the flat to lower area.

  The big news this morning is the massive aromatic merger of Kraft and Heinz. Let's just say that is going to be one gigantic food company. On the other hand calling it food, well. It's not the best food but America and the world sure loves it. Ketchup on some macaroni and cheese anyone?

CNN: Stocks: 5 things to know before the open
Shares in Kraft have shot up by about 18% premarket after it announced plans to combine with Heinz to create a food giant called The Kraft Heinz Company.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Access to fresh, clean water is the most fundamental human right. It bothers me that the bottled water industry is so huge. I'm old enough to remember when water was free. Now we pay for water? What next: air?

http://theness.com/neurologicablog/index.php/how-much-water/

Jim Sande said...

I hear you. We use a Brita Water Purifying jug. It works well and you do have to buy new filters but I am dependent on this thing. I looked over the article and it's true a small woman for example doesn't need as much water per day as I do. I am average height and size and the 3 liter number comes from my urologist who is an old 60 something dude who's been around the block. He says that basically you want your urine to not be concentrated, he says it needs to be more near the clear range and that is something to help judge how much water you need. I found that if I drink 1 liter in the morning, 1 in the afternoon, and 1 in the 6 to 9 range, I get the desired result. For me, it's all about not getting another kidney stone because that sucker hurts, like nothing I ever went through. Painful - shit! The truth is I brought it on myself because I really didn't drink much water. SO we'll see what happens, hopefully it works.

Anonymous said...

Does Brita filter lead? I used one for years. We live in an old house. Someone told me about another filter Zero water. It's supposed to remove lead and other metals. But a ton of bad online reviews scared me away.

Municipal water is fine, always tested. They even send out analysis reports. But I'm not sure about the pipes in my house, constructed when lead was the norm.

Jim Sande said...

According to their website it depends on which Brita filter system you use. The one directly off the faucet is supposed to filter lead -

https://www.brita.com/why-brita/what-we-filter/