Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 03, 2015

The Market On Tuesday

  Good morning. It is 5 degrees and sunny here in the Upper Hudson Valley. The forecast is predicting the temperature goes up into the 30s today, we shall see. All I can say is this bitter cold is wearing on the soul. I'm in day 6 with a ridiculous cold, achy, the whole nine yards. Life is telling me directly to slow it down, rest, drink lots of fluids, eat lightly, and sleep as much as possible. I'm also a good student so I will continue to do those things.

  At 7:00 a.m. ET futures are slightly lower and the price of oil per barrel is up. The market is poised to open lower.

  What can we say. Despite the predictions and warnings of a few strong voices, the DOW is now well over 18,000 and all appears hunky dory in investment world. For the time being light crude oil is stabilizing around $50 a barrel, while Brent crude is around $60. Personally I am happy to see that Kelly Renee Gissendaner's execution in Georgia was postponed as I am not a pro death penalty person. Everything I read indicates that this person has done about all she can to make amends in her personal life and with all due respect isn't that the point.

CNN: Stocks: 4 things to know before the open
A wide range of countries around the world have been cutting interest rates over the past few months, which has pushed their currencies lower.

No comments: