Search This Blog

Friday, August 20, 2010

Scroogle

I am presently trying out using Scroogle as my search engine. It is compatible with Firefox as a very easy to install add-on.

Scroogle claims that it allows you to search the internet with more privacy.

Mozilla: Scroogle
Why was Scroogle SSL search created?


I never liked the idea of Google knowing all about my searches (and being able to link that to my e-mail data...). But let's face it: the other search engines just aren't no match for them, currently. So I eventually found out about Scroogle, which acts as a middle man between the searcher and Google, preventing the latest to track anything more than the global searches of all Scroogle users. In order to use it more, I decided to add it to my search engine box. And here it is...

No comments: