Search This Blog

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Cut Him Loose


Times op-ed columnist Gail Collins writes a tongue in cheek column calling for Bush to resign ASAP.

The idea resonates all too well as the notion of Bush resigning persistently occurs to reasonable people. The economy is melting down and we have Nero in charge. Republicans might want to consider the amount of damage their good old boy Bush is doing to the party as he tortures his way and our way through two more unbearable months.

NY Times: Time for Him to Go
A great many Americans have been counting the days all year on their 2008 George W. Bush Out of Office Countdown calendars. I know a lot of this has been going on because so many people congratulated me when the Feb. 1 Bush quote turned out to be from one of my old columns. (“I think we need not only to eliminate the tollbooth from the middle class, I think we should knock down the tollbooth.”)

This was not nearly as good as Feb. 5 (“We ought to make the pie higher”) or Feb. 21 (“I understand small business growth. I was one.”) But we do what we can.

No comments: