Search This Blog

Saturday, July 21, 2007

July 17 Executive Order

Bush has issued another Executive order.

Executive Order: Blocking Property of Certain Persons Who Threaten Stabilization Efforts in Iraq

(i) to have committed, or to pose a significant risk of committing, an act or acts of violence that have the purpose or effect of:

(A) threatening the peace or stability of Iraq or the Government of Iraq; or

(B) undermining efforts to promote economic reconstruction and political reform in Iraq or to provide humanitarian assistance to the Iraqi people;...

Correct me if I am wrong here, but this is starting to sound like, if you oppose my war in Iraq, then I can have your property seized.

Now this is curious - "(A) threatening the peace or stability of Iraq..." correct me if I am wrong here but didn't the invasion of Iraq threaten the peace and stability of Iraq. Also I was not aware that there is at present any stability to threaten.

So Bush is calling the present situation in Iraq stable, when it is in fact chaos, and consequently will seize your property if you disrupt the present stability which is actually chaos.

Houston, we have a problem.

1 comment:

Jim Sande said...

I read an article that pushed the idea that the Dems are relying on the Repubs to be so low in the polls by next November that the Dems will walk into the presidency and more. The idea is that they let Bush self destruct poitically. The problem is that Bush is working to be a dictator, its a bad bet in my opinion.