Search This Blog

Friday, June 19, 2015

The Market On Friday

  Good morning. It is 71 degrees and at the moment sunny here in the Upper Hudson Valley. The weather logo is indicating rain today. Another week has flown by and the grace of another weekend enters the picture. On Sunday I was out at a land preserve and as I walked back to the car I noticed a tick crawling on my leg. Yesterday I started to do a little yoga late in the afternoon and saw a tick crawling on my shirt. Be careful, there are a lot of ticks crawling around and it doesn't help that I live in a zone that is highly traveled by deer. Just be alert because they can attach themselves unnoticeably.

  At 8:45 a.m. ET futures are modestly higher and the price of oil per barrel is down. The market is poised to open higher.

  There is a calm on Wall Street this morning but global concerns remain about the fate of Greece. The country is about to do the unheard of and miss a payment to the IMF.

CNN: Stocks: 4 things to know before the open
Without an agreement very soon, Greece could miss a payment to the International Monetary Fund due at the end of the month, making it the first developed country to ever default on IMF debt.

And there are concerns that Greek banks will continue to bleed deposits as account holders fear the country may fall out of the eurozone.

No comments: