Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

The Market On Tuesday

  Good morning. It is 66 degrees and cloudy here in the Upper Hudson Valley. We could have a nice day, it's possible. The week is starting out with a demonstrative bang. On the economic front Greece's imminent IMF default, the first country to ever do such a thing, has caused tremendous reverberations around the investment world. The DOW plunged yesterday, and equities lost value right and left. Everyone was worried, everyone who has some investments. As we approach retirement, these fluctuations seem real personal. But this is the stock market. Be honest, is anyone experiencing a little bit of schadenfreude surrounding Trump's firing from NBC. Trump true to his nature struck back at NBC. I just wish I had that type of psychology where I could pin every bad thing that occurs to me on something else. I just seem to know better. But the people I have met that act out in their life in this way, blaming everything except the source, themselves, are not my best friends anymore. I need a lot of distance from that. Projecting blame out externally is a key aspect of an immature and narcissistic personality. I'm no shrink but I do have life experience.

  At 8:15 a.m. ET futures are moderately higher and the price of oil per barrel is up. The market is poised to open higher.

  Actually a lot could change between now and the opening bell. With Greece in severe play and with China going through a major market correction, there is a lot of volatility in the indexes. We've seen this before, we're old pros at this at this point. This is the stock market not grandma's piggy bank.

CNN: Stocks: 5 things to know before the open
Greek banks are shut and capital controls in place as the country approaches a July 5 referendum which will decide its fate in the euro.

No comments: