Search This Blog

Thursday, August 28, 2014

The Market On Thursday

  Good morning. It is 67 degrees and sunny here in the Upper Hudson Valley. A pleasant Summer day is predicted. Well, yours truly has had an intense couple of weeks. Long story short, my recent kidney stone episode revealed that I had a mass growing in my kidney. The urologist had me go through an enhanced CAT scan where a dye is injected into the body. The method is that a cancerous tumor will greedily accept the dye faster than normal tissue because that's how cancer is. The scan reveals how the mass reacts to the dye. Yesterday I got the results and the growth is not cancer, it is benign. So, I have been functioning over the past few weeks under the pressure that I might have had a pretty harsh form of cancer. Let me just say this, truly appreciate your life. You might have all kinds of problems with relationships, politics, finances, etc, it all completely pales in the face of a life threatening experience of any kind.

  At 8:50 a.m. futures are moderately lower and the price of oil per barrel is higher. The market is poised to open lower.

  I just read that the revised estimate of the second quarter GDP is now at 4.2% up from the first estimate of 4%. Also first time layoff numbers are down from last week. I believe it is the now almost full out war going on in the Ukraine that is affecting the market. This is the strongest crap storm going on at present.

CNN: Stocks: 4 things to know before the open
... an annual report on credit card satisfaction showed American Express and Discover were the favorite cards in the U.S.

No comments: