Search This Blog

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Challenging Week

  I got good news this week that a mass my urologist found in my kidney is benign and not cancer. I spent a few weeks trying to work with the possibility that I had the disease. It was a very strong challenge and it has quickly changed my attitude about a lot of things. All I can say is that the people I know who have faced cancer, are facing it now, or are in that in between state where you are waiting to learn your diagnosis, you have my complete empathy. I'm fortunate for the time being but there's really no going back to taking life for granted.

2 comments:

Glynn Kalara said...

Hi So happy to hear that your tests revealed nothing serious. I know how you feel, both me and and my dear wife have had screening for various cancers earlier in the summer and the worst part is the wait for the results. Like you we both didn't have a problem. I must admit though it certainly was a harrowing experience. Life as we age becomes more and more like a scary roller-coaster ride.

Jim Sande said...

My older sister says, aging is not for the faint of heart. She got that one right!