Search This Blog

Monday, December 24, 2012

The Market On Monday

  Good morning. It is 31 degrees and cloudy here in Upstate NY. I hope you had a good restful and enjoyable weekend. I spent a lot of time outdoors on Saturday and Sunday walking on various trails and getting fresh air and circulation. I recommend it. Lightly listening to the news this weekend I am sorry to hear that the NRA is in my opinion pushing the wrong policy. I believe that nothing is occurring that will stem the tide of these horrible massacres. When I read that the sale of assault weapons is increasing, that to me is proof enough that if anything we can expect more of the same and by more I mean an increase in frequency. Turning America into the Wild West where people walk around with guns in holsters is beyond absurd, but this appears to be what the NRA segment of the country wants.

  At 8:10 a.m. futures are moderately down and the price of oil is down per barrel. The market is poised to open lower.

  With the GOP literally segmenting before our eyes into bizarre factions that oppose each other over cumulatively disastrous policies, nothing is occurring that will address the fiscal cliff, so over we go.

  Since most investors are on vacation, since most government offices are closed, and since the stock market itself will close at 1 p.m., expect possible high volatility while hoping that the market can at least close in the flat area.

CNN: Stocks: Little to cheer as holiday begins
...a broad decline in stocks Friday due to the gridlock in Washington talks aimed at avoiding the fiscal cliff.

No comments: