Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Market On Wednesday

Good morning. It is 44 degrees and cloudy here in Upstate NY. The weather is looking and feeling perfect for Halloween - dark, damp, and spooky. It was very dark out there this morning during my early walk. I have a new LL Bean rain jacket but I can never get behind Bean's color selection. The one I wanted was out of stock so I settled on black. Not the best color to wear in the dark morning but I do carry a flashing orange flashlight which I wave around when a car approaches. Most of the walk is on a sidewalk except for a few patches where its just road and me walking on the very edge.

At 8:20 a.m. futures are moderately up, the dollar is mixed, and oil is up.

According to the articles, investors are crossing their fingers and wondering if the Euro-bailout package will cover the problem. Is it large enough? We will know later on Wednesday when the plan is revealed so one might expect to see some turbulence at that time. We could see a jump or a dive.

CNN: Stocks: Waiting for Europe's grand plan
European government heads are meeting Wednesday afternoon, after pledging to unveil a comprehensive plan to tackle the region's debt crisis.


"...is it really going to be big enough to make a dent?"


Oil for December delivery gained 43 cents to $93.60 a barrel.

No comments: