Search This Blog

Monday, October 31, 2011

Move It

November 5th is move your money day. If you are dealing with a large too big to fail bank, consider moving to a smaller business. Research may be required.

AlterNet: 4 Simple Steps for Taking Your Money Out of the Vampire Banks
You may fear a lack of ATMs with smaller banks, but Amalgamated, like many, is part of a huge, surcharge-free network called AllPoint, with machines at Target, CVS, Walgreens, and other common retail outlets. There are over 4,000 Allpoint ATMs in New York and New Jersey, and there's a web tool and mobile app that allows me to search for nearby machines wherever I am.


I found that the whole process was actually pretty painless. Rep. Brad Miller (D-NC) has introduced a bill to ban nasty practices like exit fees to make ending your dysfunctional bank relationship even easier.


Having taken the plunge, I invite you to join me. The water feels good. And even better, no sharks.

No comments: