Search This Blog

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Limb Down


It is super windy around here.

Its house shaking windy.

We got up this morning only to see a huge limb down in the back yard area. The new house has a little more property than the city house and that includes a couple of trees. The limb completely crushed a metal bench and took out our compost box.

We decided we're going to buy a chain saw and yours truly will pretend he's a tree person. I got my day's work cut out for me.

I think its a willow - have to find out if we can burn it in the fireplace.

3 comments:

Ed said...

The electric ones work great, are quiet, lightweight, not smelly, easy to start. Not macho though.
xox,
Ed

Glynn Kalara said...

I agree. I have one of both and I prefer the electric. The gas saw is menacing I don't trust it. A chain saw is a must.

Jim Sande said...

We bought the Husqvarna 16". It was tricky getting it started but the thing really performs and the guy said it would be the last one I would ever need. I hope he wasn't a fortune teller or something, gulp.