Search This Blog

Sunday, November 29, 2009

2010 And Stressed


That is the 2010 Camaro from GM and it is in my opinion very unappealing.

We tend to ascribe personality to a car, especially the front grill and headlights. They remind us of a face, this is the "face" of the car.

Look at the face. Its a face in a state of constant road rage.

I mean GM only has itself to blame for its complete and utter misreading of the car market. It strikes me as unbelievable that they come out with another muscle car with brute design written all over it.

Are they projecting the companies own internal turmoil onto their car designs?

3 comments:

Glynn Kalara said...

I find many of the car designs lately unappealing and brutal looking. The weird totally un-aerodynamic sq. box cars are an insult to design that look like someone had a total lack of imagination or thought maybe cars that look like computer servers were appealing for some reason or another. ( AKA geek mobiles.) I think all the car companies are channeling a kind of rebellious rage @ the fact that deep down they know the era of BIG has to go away or else. The cars say, fuck u if I want to wreck the planet try and stop me u pussies. Its the ugly part of America coming out in these designs I agree. The era of BULLY Mobiles.

Jim Sande said...

GM still doesn't get it. The box cars seem like a fall back to the modular design theory and they are truly ugly.

Glynn Kalara said...

GM = GIGANTIC MOTORS or GRANDIOSE MOTORING take your pick, but your right they don't get it.