Search This Blog

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving


Have an excellent holiday and try not to eat too much and yes there is much to be thankful for.

We are having salmon, this has become our tradition.

Its surprisingly warm here, although it is overcast, damp, and gray. November is a gray month in upstate NY.

Its a peaceful day, that's the best thing. Scrabble awaits.

Football is not my cup of tea. They say its a sport, but it seems like lightly controlled violence to me. The cheap fouls smack of jacked up young men with too much hormone and not nearly enough intelligence, but to each their own.

I started out the day with my daily constitutional walk. I took the 40 minute route. When I got home I realized I dropped a glove somewhere along the way. So I jumped in the car, retraced my steps, and found the glove laying on the road not too far away either.

Success...

How could I forget. Its also the official beginning to the holiday season - so Happy Holidays.

3 comments:

Glynn Kalara said...

Happy T-day to you and yours my friend! Its gray here today in So. Jersey as well and warm as well. I was already out putting some mulch around my palms. ( Its the 21st century and palms now grow yr. round in NJ. ) Enjoy the day and get ready for the month of XMas ( AKA December).

Ed said...

Happy thanksgiving Jim, and also to Jane ...and Mitch!

I know how you feel about the glove.

Once my jacket zipper came apart, it was lost, broken, useless. In a few days I found the tiny parts in the driveway and was able to put it back together again. It was a suburban miracle. (in a few weeks, word got out and motor homes lined the street, devotees had built a shrine and were forming lines to witness the wonder. We sold a lot of lemonade that week.)
best,
Ed

Jim Sande said...

GK, Ed, thanks for the wishes.

Sitting here very content, excellent food, had a fire going, kicked ass in scrabble, and now watching 'Breaking Bad.'

GK - sun came out for the afternoon.

Hope you guys had an excellent day!