Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Minister, His Wife, and the Other Woman


The minister left the task of greeting the parishioners to the church ushers.

His wife eventually persuaded him to take on this task himself.

She said he would end up not knowing his congregation unless he made direct friendly contact with them.

The next Sunday he went to the front door of the church and enthusiastically shook hands with the first woman to leave the service.

He welcomed her to the parish saying, "I hope we will see you often at our service. We are always glad to see new faces."

Somewhat taken aback, the woman replied, "Thank you, sir."

Seeing an opening and warming to his task the minister continued, "If you give me your address, my wife and I will come and pay you a visit one evening."

The woman replied, "You would not have to go far, sir. I'm your cook."

Excerpt from 'Mind at Ease' by Traleg Kyabgon

No comments: