Search This Blog

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Global Warming - Pope Francis, My Man

  This is true. I left the Catholic Church at age 15 thinking it was the ugliest thing I had ever known. The nuns in Catholic schools were brutal and beat the children mercilessly, I saw that happen. I saw racism, hypocrisy, demented deviant people, and very little in the way of spirituality. I saw a lot of mindless repetition, no meaningful vibrancy, nothing healthy. I was repulsed by it all and I could write a book about this easily, maybe two books. Having said this, I like this new pope.

Guardian UK: Pope Francis’s edict on climate change will anger deniers and US churches - Pontiff hopes to inspire action at next year’s UN meeting in Paris in December after visits to Philippines and New York
...the pope will publish a rare encyclical on climate change and human ecology. Urging all Catholics to take action on moral and scientific grounds, the document will be sent to the world’s 5,000 Catholic bishops and 400,000 priests, who will distribute it to parishioners.

2 comments:

Glynn Kalara said...

Knowing the weirdness within the Catholic Church it makes you wonder how a guy like Francias somehow slid past radar and became the Pope? He seems like a pretty Enlightened guy, but he still doesn't make up for all the rest of freaks, pedophiles and nutcases that seem to occupy positions of authority in that organization. Its kind of like having a nice guy take over the Nazi party , it still the Nazi party though.

Jim Sande said...

Somebody saw the light. The church is not as powerful as it was a few years ago and they have to change. I can't explain how he got there, but I do so enjoy how he is rankling that deep conservative bunch.