Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The Market On Wednesday

  Good morning. It is 70 degrees and at the moment somewhat sunny and hazy here in Upstate NY. People are expecting rain today. I am doing better and better each day as I move away from kidney stone week which began one week ago today. One week ago I literally thought my number had come up that is what kidney stone pain feels can make you think. Today I already did some yoga, feel fine, and I'm looking forward to breakfast and my morning work. What is the lesson here - something about how everything is constantly changing. Regardless, I am very happy to be here for now.

  At 8:40 a.m. ET futures are slightly lower and the price of oil per barrel is up. The market is poised to open slightly lower.

  I just read the damning news released just a few minutes ago that has the US GDP shrinking in the first quarter by a revised -2.9%. That is roughly double the first projection. Personally I do not think we are slipping back into a technical recession which is two quarters in a row of negative GDP non growth. This is just the way our economy works, it grows and recedes. That is not going to change in the foreseeable future.

CNN: Stocks: 6 things to know before the open
...revised first quarter GDP numbers at 8:30 a.m.

...concerns about continued turmoil in Iraq damaged investor confidence.

No comments: