Search This Blog

Monday, June 30, 2014

The Market On Monday

  Good morning. It is 69 degrees and cloudy here in the Upper Hudson Valley. It sure feels like rain. I hope you had a good weekend. We are about to head into July with the first of the month tomorrow. I can't say it enough but time certainly flies. Well it's the beginning of a new week, one wonders what humanity can do to itself over the next 5 days that will no doubt be surprising on some level. Hopefully there will be a lot more on the positive side than negative.

  At 8:10 a.m. ET futures are ever so slightly higher and the price of oil per barrel is down. The market is poised to open in the flat area.

  I must admit that I found the social experiment perpetrated by Facebook to be somewhat disconcerting. Right now I am ready to exit the social networking platform. Regardless, my interest in it has dwindled significantly. Facebook has shown me that I prefer human contact in the face to face way where many words can be exchanged rather than the Facebook way with a one sentence reaction or a 'like'. Today is of course the technical end of the second quarter and so expect July's corporate reprots to reflect whether or not the country is sliding back into recession, which I doubt, or growing its economy.

CNN: Stocks: 6 things to know before the open
Facebook is in hot water after people learned the company conducted a 'mood' experiment on users without their knowledge or explicit consent.

Asian markets ended mixed.

No comments: