Search This Blog

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Amnesiac


As I went for my walk today, more walking being my new year's resolution, I realized walking is good for thinking.

I was thinking that I'm out here wearing a t-shirt, its warm out, and its the middle of January when its usually below zero about this time, that global warming is the wrong term. Its too mild. This is global amnesia.

I was thinking about the kind of amnesia that this change in weather brings about. We forget everything. How about the feeling of the cold, the day after the snow storm when its crisp and clear and usually sunny. That's my kind of day, the clear sunny cold day after the snowstorm.

Its still may happen, hopefully it will, hopefully within the next 8 weeks or forget about it. The window is closing. By this time there's usually several, so far nada, not a one.

I'm not sure how to healthfully or skillfully adapt to these changes. They say the polar ice cap will be completely melted in about 35 years. How do you adjust to that?

I was reading that people no longer read classic literature. There is the tendency to ignore traditions in art, music, and such. There are people that continue to slug away at these things, with minimal support. They are mini-cultural historians, like the poets. Still I think its all part of the amnesia.

Is it some kind of genetic micro change to adjust to disappearances?

The political elite seem to be using the general amnesia with a type of belligerence and taking quick advantage of it for their general amusement. What the hell exactly has McCain learned? He must be another amnesiac, running around spouting off the same nonsense that Bush spouted off 3 years ago. Its like he's in a 4 year time warp. I guess he's out there to rah rah up the thick heads.

My present view is that "Jackass the Movie" and "Jackass Number Two" are the purest representations of contemporary meta cultural trends. This is the essence.

Amnesia plays a huge part in the movie. Without amnesia we have no jackass. It always ends with excruciating pain, bleeding, bruising, unconsciousness, and untold bodily damage, but then they always start over, fresh, wide eyed, enthusiastic, perky, and playful, and that's what's funny.

to be continued......

No comments: