Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Steady As It Goes

  When I first heard about the disarray on day one I was thinking the worst, but as the night went on and the speakers got better and better, my sense is that this convention is working out well.

Guardian UK: Democratic convention: passionate end to day one steadies early drama - Sanders supporters repeatedly disrupted speeches despite senator’s calls for unity as Michelle Obama endorsed Clinton as ‘the president I want for my girls’
Signs that a week of big-name Democratic speakers may help overcome the uncomfortable split also emerged when the first lady delivered a speech that brought the room to a standstill.

2 comments:

Glynn Kalara said...

Michele Obama is one fantastic speaker that had the convention in the palm of her hands last evening. Liz Warren was great and Bernie did what he promised. Cory Booker's speech was a bit too long for my tastes and nobody else really stood out but the handicapped girl who was great considering having MS and was doing it from a wheelchair. The rest were broiler plate. HRC is going to need every one of the Dem. stars she can rally to help her in this battle. tRUMP is a very effective demagogue and has his party mesmerized like A Hitler did to the right way back when. These folks don't think it's all gut and Donald knows how to go directly there.

Jim Sande said...

Michelle Obama was so good that Melania Trump is already plagiarizing her speech. I liked Corey Booker, I thought he did an especially good job of flipping Trump's key phrases. Bernie was good, very strong for an old white guy, Elizabeth Warren was good and I love how she taunts relentlessly with the goof hat meme. It is a goofy hat!