Search This Blog

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Loaded

  I wish I had something bright to say here about the fetishization of guns and women but I don't. Somehow as a citizen of America in 2016, this all makes some kind of bizarre sense. Maybe someone out there has not been exposed to this but I sort of doubt it. Maybe someone is shocked by it, but I doubt that as well. We are pretty much numb to it. In fact that might be the only slightly bright thing I can say about it - we are numb to it.

  Some very bright person out there is studying this phenom in a psycho-academic type of way and knows its origins and deep societal meanings. In another way we are approaching the ultimate expression of this particular fetish - imagine President Trump standing before the atomic bomb button with an array of gorgeous sirens each with a finger on the button and smiling at the world. 



No comments: