Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Market On Wednesday

  Good morning. It is 2 degrees, yes count them 1, 2, and sunny here in Upstate NY. Yes, I just returned from my morning constitutional with three layers of pants, seven layers of clothing for the upper body, two hats, and my ultra gloves. I survived the walk just fine and noticed one indomitable neighbor out jogging like it was springtime and this guy is older than me. That only means that I will indeed be out jogging at 4 p.m. which is my jog time. I see we have the GOP responses to Obama's inaugural speech coming through and as always the message is divisive, angry, outdated, arrogant, and useless. I forgot to mention generally destructive and nauseating. What always baffles me is how does someone like Mitch McConnell keep getting re-elected. How does that happen? Why do I keep thinking Brooklyn Bridge sales people could clean up in Kentucky.

  At 8:00 a.m. E.T. futures are flat and the price of oil per barrel is slightly higher. The DOW is poised to open in the flat area.

  Investors continue to advance the market on fourth quarter corporate results. The DOW is at a remarkably high level and equity values are strong right now. Check out the writings of Nouriel Roubini who believes that 2013 will bring the worst economic collapse ever experienced. That is not good. One thing to keep in mind is the simple fact that it is not hard to find a respected voice out there who will predict doom. The market will go through another recession, that is the cycle. It is not avoidable.

CNN: Stocks: Earnings on tap
...no major economic reports on the agenda, investors remained firmly focused on corporate results....

...the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland...

No comments: