Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Happy New Year!

Good morning and Happy New Year! I hope you had a fine New Year's Eve no matter what you did including as I have done many times, going to bed early. That works too. We were out at a nice restaurant last night, it was quiet and the food was dee-lish. I hope this year brings all of us all kinds of good things and above all, plenty of contentment.

Okay, looking like the year is getting off to a shaky start after just reading the morning headlines. This year has to be a better year than last, it has to. We cannot settle for less. 2012 was a year to let go of, and I won't dwell on why, but I will briefly say that humanity still has a few deep glitches that need our undivided attention. That's something we need to become more generous with - our attention. I completely reject any ideas that we are in this thing alone. We are not. We are so deeply interconnected and dependent upon each other that it is beyond comprehension. If you look at the things in front of you, the computer, the desk, the chair, the wall, the books, the lights, all of it, and just briefly think about all of the people that contributed to making these things and then getting them into your hands, it's a great number of people. I suppose that this could be one area of materialism that is positive in that it represents the work of humanity. Just don't get too attached to it.

Some people make resolutions, some don't. I'm making tiny resolutions, I'm thinking small around resolutions lately - simple basic contentment is at the top of the list as well.

No comments: