Search This Blog

Monday, October 29, 2012

The Market On Monday

  Good morning. It is 54 degrees and overcast here in Upstate NY. The wind is ever so slightly picking up and there is a certain eery quietness outside, the calm before the storm. Last night you could cut the quietness with a knife. Needless to say we are very concerned about everybody and ourselves as Sandy invades our space. I must clearly admit that I never thought I was living in a hurricane zone being 150 miles north of NYC. And in case you are wondering, do I think it's related to global warming? Yes, I emphatically do. This is the second year in a row where a hurricane is rolling through which in my mind means this is just the beginning of a regular occurrence.

  Needless to say the NYSE is closed today. Allegedly some trading activity will occur via computer, we shall see.

CNN: NYSE and Nasdaq to close
...(NYSE) will close its markets Monday. Markets are likely to remain closed on Tuesday as well.

No comments: