Search This Blog

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Psychological Violence Ban Mulled In France

This probably will not stop abusive people but at least there will be recourse for the victims. I hope France does this.

BBC: France mulls 'psychological violence' ban
"It started when I got pregnant," she told me. "He would start by saying that I was very fat, that I was ugly, of course, that I wasn't any use for anything, that I couldn't even work."

She said when she challenged him, he replied that it was a joke.

But the abuse continued. One day, she says they had an argument in their car and he punched the windscreen so hard that it broke.

"I thought I was going to go crazy and he said, 'OK are you going crazy? I'm just going to drop you at the psychiatric asylum'. And that's what he did."

Gabrielle says he drove to a hospital, told her to get out of the car and drove off.

"When he left I was just breaking down and my daughter was crying inside the car."

No comments: