Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby Poll: Obama Widens Lead
The Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby poll has Obama gaining ground over McCain in the last few days.
Recall that this poll has been one of the more conservative polls from the point of view of Obama's lead over McCain.
One might wish that at this juncture McCain and company would back off the smear campaign in order to create a slightly less contentious and emotionally charged ambiance to this voting process which has shown a few ugly notes. Yet the divisive heat is on full tilt. How sad is this.
We noticed that Obama did not refer to his opponent in his infomercial. Instead he chose to lay out in general terms his agenda for the country. We did not get socialism out of this, we got tax cuts for 95% of the population and a resumption of the tax level for the remaining 5% as it stood during the Clinton administration of the 90s.
Corporations did rather well in the 90s, most were not complaining. So powerful are these interests that their mouth pieces are promoting the crazed notion that Obama is either a Marxist, socialist, or communist. Its amazing how loathsome and ludicrous their attacks have become.
What exactly is the Palin-McCain agenda for the country, does anyone know at all except that its going to look a like the Bush agenda. McCain has done an amazing job of not talking about his own agenda instead choosing to attack Obama most of the time. John, you didn't show us anything except your nastiness, what are you thinking. Bush was a failure, we don't like what he did to the country. You don't get it buddy.
Reuters: Obama takes 7-point lead on McCain
Obama leads McCain by 50 percent to 43 percent among likely voters in the three-day national tracking poll, building on his 5-point advantage on Wednesday.