Search This Blog

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Thumbs Down

George Bush continues to race to a O% approval rating. Newest polls have Bush losing ground even among his base supporters. I still maintain that his approval ratings are highly inflated, he deserves far far less.

Poll Shows Bush Is Losing Support of Republicans

Here is a fascinating interview with amazing revelations about Rumsfeld:

Andrew Cockburn Author, "Rumsfeld: His Rise, Fall, and Catastrophic Legacy"

In the interview, Cockburn explains a situation which caused a rift in the otherwise swell relationship between Rumsfeld and Cheney. Rumsfeld decided to run for president (gulp and gasp) in 1988. He wanted Cheney in his camp.

excerpt:

"And so, Rumsfeld reached out to Cheney and said, OK, I’m about to announce and I’m embarking on this thing and I want you by my side. And Cheney said, I’d do almost anything for you, but not this. I’ve moved on politically."

".... Cheney ... he was forging a close relationship with the (George H W) Bush campaign."

"So, he turned Rumsfeld down, and Rumsfeld was furious. He was absolutely furious. He said, everything you are, I’ve made you. You know, he couldn’t believe that his sidekick, his faithful fellow, had actually – was disobeying orders, was jumping ship."

No comments: